ATHLETIC TRAINING STAFF:
Assistant Athletic Trainer Katie Plummer, ATC, LAT
Graduate Assistant Athletic Trainers:
Dr. Jordan Chandler - Team Dentist (Chandler Dental Partners, PC)
VISITING TEAM INFORMATION
The athletic training room is now located in the back of our new athletic complex, just down the hall from the basketball/volleyball courts and across from the locker rooms. The new address is 254 Roach Street, Franklin Springs, GA 30639.
• If an athletic trainer will not be traveling with your team, please notify us ahead of time so we can accommodate you as best as possible. Please send a fully stocked kit for all your taping needs. No modalities will be applied without a treatment letter from the athletic trainer. This letter may be emailed to us or placed in the kit.
• Modalities available are game-ready compression units, two 2-channel combo units, one 4-channel combo unit, 6 – pack hydrocollator, cold tub.
• Water, cups, ice and a biohazard kit will be available for your bench.
• The entrance to the baseball field is located on Aaron Street adjacent to the Student activity Center. The tennis courts are located directly across from this entrance.
• The softball field is located on Byon Jones Drive below the baseball field. Take Aaron St. pass the baseball field and tennis courts and turn left on Byon Jones Drive. The soft-ball field will be about 200 yards down the hill on the left.
Cobb Memorial Hospital is about 20 minutes away from campus.
Athens Regional Hospital is about 40 minutes away from campus in Athens GA.
Athens Urgent Orthopedic Care Clinic is located 40 minutes from campus right beside Athens Regional Hospital at 125 King Ave, Athens GA, 30606 (Hours: M-F 7:30am-9:00pm & Sat. 10-4)
PHYSICAL INFORMATION AND ATHLETIC FORMS
IMPORTANT NOTE: ALL PAPERWORK MUST BE COMPLETED IN ITS ENTIRETY BEFORE PARTICIPATING
- Assumption of Risk
- Medical Insurance Form
- Concussion Video
- Statement of Understanding Concussions
- Sickle Cell Testing/Waiver-Record Can be located at Primary Physician Office "State Newborn Screening Records" or at Hospital - place of birth
- Sickle Cell Fact Sheet and Video
- Drug Testing Form
- Drug Abuse
- Drugs Banned
- ADD/ADHD-Physician Documentation - Required
- Insurance disclaimer
Extra links and resources:
- Athens Orthopedic Clinic - AOC Urgent Care 706-549-1663
- Athens Regional Hospital 706-475-7000
- TY Cobb Hospital 706-356-7800
- St. Mary's Hospital 706-389-3000
- Lighthouse Family Practice (Dr. Paul Raber) 706-356-1422
- Family First Health Care 706-356-8181
- Reddy Urgent Care (Royson Office) 706-246-9700
- Royston Medical Associates 706-245-6177
- Students Athletes must provide Primary Coverage either under their parents/guardians or an individual insurance policy with a athletic rider to Compete in collegiate athletics!! Emmanuel College does not provide a primary insurance policy to purchase.
For International Student in need of Insurance Please Refer to the following below.
- ISP (International Student Protection) Have to purchase the BUDGET Plan
Provided below are some contacts for insurance:
- See Head Athletic Trainer Sandy Campbell, or Assistant Athletic Trainer Anna Kellog for Insurance Contact.